Friday, 11 September 2015

Learning to Crochet - Part 2 of my journey so far

Sorry its been a while (again!) but don't think this means that I've not been creative of late. I've been very busy since my last post, what with a very cheeky Toddler (well........... bum-shuffler in Thomas' case!), learning to Crochet and being part of a lovely, friendly Crochet group with other local mums (and Surrogates .... yes that's you Steph!). Not to mention visiting all the lovely baby and toddler groups.

Our Crochet Group (name yet TBC!) has been really supportive. Kyrie has been kind enough to teach me everything I know to date. She's even had to rescue my projects so far from pending disaster...... a few times!
Mini Cherries Brooch Project From Mollie Makes
Project 1 - Star Blanket in Red & White DK (shown incomplete)

Project 2: Star Blanket in Multi DK (Shown incomplete)

I love the repetitive nature of crochet and the really quick results achieved. Its lovely to be able to shut-off and relax with a project once I've found a rhythm with the stitches.

I'm hoping to make Thomas some lovely warm hats (and possibly mittens) to keep him toasty in the upcoming cold weather - for which I'll be looking through my ever-incresaing stack of crochet books, magazines and Pins!
My wool stash is already looking quite impressive!


Along with being part of a Crochet group, I've also found You Tube to be a great help. I love the work by Mikey from The Crochet Crowd. He shares some lovely projects which even a novice like me can follow (it is all in American crochet lingo though!)

Until next time, I'll be busy with my hooks but please let me know what you're creating as I love to see what gorgeousness you're all currently working on.

Gemma
x

No comments: