I thought that it'd be fun to organise a fabric scrap swap with those of you who need some new fabrics to add to your already bulging stash. I love nothing more than new fabrics to use in my applique and patchwork projects.
I find that new fabrics (well, new to me that is!), can inspire all matter of fun interesting projects and my stash could do with an injection of new finds. . . . . . .
Message me below, via my Twitter account @EDiS_UK or mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in this swap. I suggest the send-off deadline should be June 14th 2014.(I'll pair you with a swap partner by June 8th)
To ensure fairness and satisfaction all-round, all participants must follow these basic guidelines:
- The combined weight of your fabric must weigh 100g (4oz) before packaging
- Fabric must be good quality
- Fabric must be clean & relatively crumple free
- Fabric should measure no smaller than 5cm x 5cm (2″x2″)
- At least three-quarters of the fabric scraps should be cotton
- Fabric must come from a non-smoking environment and must be free of pet hair!
- You can include vintage or thrifted fabric as long as it meets the above criteria
- Include any other treats or crafting / sewing goodies that you want to put in your parcel in addition to the above should you wish (don’t go mad – let’s keep this pressure-free!)
- Send your parcel off to your swap recipient by 14th June
- Keep in touch and let us know how your swap has gone
- Only open to participants based in the UK.
Please, please, pretty please only enter our swap if you will follow through.
I look forward to hearing from you and who knows, we could make this a quarterly event.