Wednesday, 28 May 2014

Fabric Scrap Swap (UK only) #1

Hi all,

I thought that it'd be fun to organise a fabric scrap swap with those of you who need some new fabrics to add to your already bulging stash. I love nothing more than new fabrics to use in my applique and patchwork projects.

I find that new fabrics (well, new to me that is!), can inspire all matter of fun interesting projects and my stash could do with an injection of new finds. . . . . . .

Message me below, via my Twitter account @EDiS_UK or mail me at g.d.a.y@hotmail.co.uk to be included in this swap. I suggest the send-off deadline should be June 14th 2014.(I'll pair you with a swap partner by June 8th)


To ensure fairness and satisfaction all-round, all participants must follow these basic guidelines: 

  • The combined weight of your fabric must weigh 100g (4oz) before packaging
  • Fabric must be good quality
  • Fabric must be clean & relatively crumple free
  • Fabric should measure no smaller than 5cm x 5cm (2″x2″)
  • At least three-quarters of the fabric scraps should be cotton
  • Fabric must come from a non-smoking environment and must be free of pet hair!
  • You can include vintage or thrifted fabric as long as it meets the above criteria
  • Include any other treats or crafting / sewing goodies that you want to put in your parcel in addition to the above should you wish (don’t go mad – let’s keep this pressure-free!)
  • Send your parcel off to your swap recipient by 14th June
  • Keep in touch and let us know how your swap has gone
  • Only open to participants based in the UK.
As this is the first (of hopefully many) EDiS swaps, there may be some teething problems but ultimately EDiS can't be held responsible beyond arranging this fun and beneficial event by putting potential 'swappers' in touch with each other.

Please, please, pretty please only enter our swap if you will follow through.

I look forward to hearing from you and who knows, we could make this a quarterly event.

Gemma x


3 comments:

MarĂ­a Gallardo said...

Hello Gemma,

Why just UK? :-(

This is a GREAT swap and hopefully one day you extend the scope to international!!

Greetings from Costa Rica!

Maria Gallardo
thequiltingfairy@gmail.com
mgallardo68@gmail.com

Gemma said...

Hi Maria.

I will certainly consider extending this furtehr than the UK in the future should it be successful so thanks for your comment.

The reason at the momnet being that I'm just tesing the water right now and this is an atempt to keep the postage costs low for us in the UK as a trial.

There seem to be these swaps in the USA so I thought that I wuldso tart a UK only one as a trial.

Keep an eye out for other wider swaps in the future

Gem x

PeregrineBlue said...

here i am for the swap as per your invite on flickr, but i live in the us. let me know,ok?