Thursday, 13 June 2013

New Baby Girl - Gift blanket for my soon-to-arrive niece :D

Hello again,

Just a quick update to let you know that I'm currently finishing off this cute little pram blanket for my gorgeous niece who is going to arrive any time now. I've caught the quilting bug!



I designed it as I went along and am just finishing off sewing the binded edge to the front by hand. A slow (but relaxing) process.

Getting ready to quilt

Trapunto chick detail


I padded the little birds as I went in a 'Trapunto' quilting style. They pop out of the design beautifully and I'm sure that both my sister and the little one will love it.



Best of all, it's totally machine washable - a must for grubby little fingers.

Needless to say, we're all very much looking forward to meeting her. This will add to my current tally of 3 nephews, 1 niece and 1 god daughter. Christmas is getting to be VERY expensive tnis year! ;p

Gem
x

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Those birdies are so cute!

Helen Woodward said...

This is gorgeous, I love the 3d effect for the birds :)