Saturday, 4 May 2013

EDiS - Libster Award Nomination

Great news . . . . . I've been nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely Natalie over at Sewing Room Secrets.  Thank you for selecting my blog Natalie - it's made my day :)



If you’ve never heard of this award before, it is for fledgling bloggers like myself and is a way for us to get to know others, get more followers and discover other blogs that we may very-well like.

To accept the award there are a few rules to follow:
  • Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
  • Choose eleven new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award on to and link them in your post.
  • Create eleven new questions for the chosen bloggers.
  • Comment on their page to tell them about the award.
  • Each blogger should post eleven random facts about themselves.
  • No Tag Backs!!!
So here we go..... these are the questions Natalie asked me:

1) Sweet or savoury? 
Sweet without question :) I'd choose a Wispa Gold over a Greggs pasty any day!
2) A few really good friends or lots of acquaintances? I find this quite difficult to answer as 'really good friends' have always let me down in the past. I'm quite an independent soul so I like to 'float' between different groups of friends depending on the mood I'm in.... Can I go half way? Family are the most important thing in my life.
3) City or country girl?
I've been fortunate to experience both and am now living a rural life. I think both have + and - elements but I'd have to go for Country. I love having lots of lovely walks on my doorstep where I can stroll amongst the wildlife and relax in peace.
 
Our doorstep!

4) Morning person or night owl?
Easy...... I'm truly awful in the morning (especially before I have a coffee!) When I was younger, my mum was always REALLY chatty in the morning so I used to hide away in my room until I was fully awake! ;p
5) What is the most unusual thing you have ever eaten?
I'm a fussy eater and really don't like the idea of eating something that had a pulse at some stage!  I once ate squid totally by accident whilst on holiday in Magaluf with with sister when I was 18! I thought that they were really weird onion rings. She let me eat a few before she told me what they were! Needless to say I was not too impressed and ate chips for the rest of the holiday! (at least I think that they were chips!)

 6) What is your earliest memory?
I had a BRILLIANT childhood and remember pretty much everything . . . . .  My long-term memory is freakishly good!  My first ever memory is lying in my cot looking up at 2 faces and having the colour yellow around me. 

Baby me!

7) What is your favourite smell?
Tricky really as LOVE Vanilla, Creosote and petrol!!!!!!! To conform with normality I guess that I'd have to say Vanilla! ;p

8) What 3 words would you choose to describe yourself?
I'd have to say loyal, industrious and creative

9) What qualities do you most treasure in a friend?
As I mentioned before, I've had a rough-deal with this in the past but I'd have to say the qualities I most cherish are Trustworthiness (I takes a lot for me to trust anyone), great sense of humour and someone who is chilled-out. (I can't bear friends who become too intense/in-my-face! . . . . I do go AWOL for weeks on-end but this is not because I don't care . . . . .  I like my own space and company). My closest friends I have known since I was 15 and they sometimes don't see or hear from me for months!
10) How did you choose a name for your blog?
At the time I was starting to blog, the tune 'Everyday I'm Shufflin' by LMFAO was HUGE - me and the kids at school were always singing it which made us all laugh (some of them were pretty good at the dance too!) I especially recall one of our pupils dancing into registration with the schools' suggestion box on their head doing their best robot-shuffle impression. Very amusing . . Still makes me chuckle thinking about it.
I was really getting into my sewing and was attending a dress-making evening course at the local college. I was sat at my sewing machine one day when the song came on the radio. I began singing 'Everyday I'm Stitchin' and my blog name was created.


11) Is there such a thing as ‘enough’ fabric?
Hell no! I'm a fabric addict :)
Guilty as charged!
The GORGEOUS blogs that I have chosen to nominate for the Liebster Award, after much searching are as follows:

I just love these blogs so you must check them out  to see what the fuss is all about.

Here are the questions which I pose to each of my chosen bloggers:
  1. If you could only be creative in only one medium, what would it be?
  2. What are your first creative memories/projects?
  3. Chocolate or crisps?
  4. What has been your biggest creative disaster?
  5. What has been your biggest creative success?
  6. What is your favourite song?
  7. Where do you mostly find your inspiration?
  8. What was the name of your first pet?
  9. Shoes or Bags?
  10. Who would you choose to be stranded on an island with?
  11. What is your favourite ever possession (no living beings' allowed!)
And finally, here are the required 11 random facts about me:
Cor!
  • I can touch my nose with my tongue
  • I LOVE animals (especially Cats and Emperor Penguins!)
  • I've snorkeled with sharks
  • I originally trained as a Goldsmith/Jeweller/Silversmith
  • My dream car is a Nissan GTR
  • I'm partially sighted (MS) but that doesn't stop me :)
  • I love being by water
  • My favourite place in Europe is Switzerland
  • I have a crush on Professor Brian Cox!
  • I'm a nerd and I'm proud!
  • I love dancing (and in my head I'm just ace at it!!!!!) ;p

I look forward to reading all the responses from my chosen bloggers and will be back soon with updates on my recent sewing adventures

Until then, have a lovely Bank Holiday weekend.

Gem
x

3 comments:

sewingroomsecrets said...

Loved reading your answers Gemma! I'm with you on the subject of Prof. Brian Cox - a little bit of eye candy makes science so much more interesting don't ya think? LOL! X

Helen Woodward said...

Cute blog! Thanks for nominating me, enjoyed reading your facts :)

MissGinger said...

loved your blog and thank you so much for nominating me. interesting facts about you and they made me smile too! xx