Sunday, 27 January 2013

Winter sunshine and 'stitchy' happiness!

Hi everyone.

Is it me or has the New Year flown by so far?  I can't believe that it is almost February already!

February the 1st brings back lots of sadness for Ian and I as it'll be 2 years since we lost our very much loved cat Maverick A.K.A 'Spud'. He was only 6 but left us suddenly with a brain hemorrhage (type thing - it was never totally understood) and it took us all totally by surprise. He was in bed with us at the time (and his sister Millie too) so at least he was with those who loved him most in his last moments.

He was one-of-a-kind and we all miss him every minute of every day.

On a more upbeat note, I've been busy preparing to be a teacher of Textiles (Starting Feb 4th) by practising some hand-stitching and by getting my own example of a GCSE Textiles Sketchbook underway. It's only fair that I do what I'll be expecting the pupils to do isn't it!

It's been 10 years since I last completed a sketchbook (albeit, that was for Jewellery design) but it has to be said, all the skills and memories have come flooding back and I'm back into the flow again. I just LOVE creating a sketchbook and have no idea why I've left it so long before getting on with another.

I guess that Scrap booking must be a very similar skill.

I've still got lots to do  (in fact, I've barely scratched the surface). I'll be creating pages on the Textile work of Jennifer Collier and Angie Lewin this week .......... I'll let you know how I get on but so-far, so-good.

In the meantime, I've got to got and carry on cutting, sketching, stitching and sticking!  It's so addictive.

See you next time

Gem
x






No comments: