Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Happy 2013 to one and all!

Hello and a very Happy New Year to you and yours.......

I wonder what 2013 will have in store?  Just a few things I would like to happen:
  • Lots of sewing time (yeah, yeah!)
  •  Re-vamping tired decor about the place (already started this on New Years' Day!)
  • Getting fitter (Starting next month....... maybe.....)
  • Securing a permanent teaching position in a wonderful school, not too far away where the staff and pupils are a joy .... (a girl has got to dream!)
  • Learning something new (online or at night school)
  • Spending more quality time with Ian (not including good TV or films!)
  • Other VERY exciting things TBC.... (You'll have to stay tuned folks!)

2013 wishes aside, I hope you had a wonderful Festive Season and that you're now recovering from the inevitable over-indulgence!


To be totally honest with you, I've decided not to worry about shifting any weight at the moment as our kitchen cupboards are still jam-packed and creaking with all kinds of unhealthy, scrumptious goodies (friends and family spoilt us proper-good this year!)

Me and Ian are dedicated to working our way through the boxes of Ferrero Rochers, Thornton's Mint Chocolate selections and, (my personal favourite,) Maltesers. I'm sure we'll manage though as we are a very dedicated pair when it comes to chocolate consumption!  

One of the lovely gifts that I received this Christmas was a beautiful Kenwood Mixer, something that I've desired for a long, long, long while!

This further adds to our junk-guzzling ways!

This morning my mixer (now known fondly as Ken!) was just asking to create all manner of delicious (but calorie-laden) goods.

What's a girl to do, I ask you!

So, I loaded him up and now have a blummin' perfect batch of maple & pecan nut fairy cakes.   

Yum!



I've tried many of the recipes from The Cupcake: 80 Cute and Colourful Cupcakes and although they have all been scrumptious, these are by far my favourite so far. Squidgy in the middle,  and a crunch on top courtesy of the delicious Pecans...... heaven in a paper case!

If you're after a great baking buy then I mega recommend this book (and a Kenwood mixer too!) Be warned though... your thighs may not thank me!


I received many Fabulous Sewing related things for Christmas too but more about them later.... in the meantime, I'm off to enjoy cake (and make no apologies for it!)



No comments: