Friday, 16 November 2012

It's all about the Sewing (and the kittens!)

Hi everyone, I hope that all is well with you.

Too cute not to share!

I've been really busy this week with my sewing and also with my exercising.

I finally received my Spin trainers which are making a really big difference to my performance. Isn't it always the way that the size you need are trickier to get hold of though!
I found that spinning in normal sports shoes was an absolute killer on the arches of my feet but thankfully these lovely Specialized Spirita Touring cycling shoes have made the world of difference with their stiff sole.  Now I just need the additional pounds to start shedding!

I've only been  exercising full-on since the end of October but I'm already feeling much healthier. My shape is changing too for the better but it's slow progress. I'll have to just stick with it and I'm sure the weight will budge eventually.... I don't see how it can resist at this rate!

It doesn't help that I keep baking though! ;p 

Jammy-centre fairy cakes = My favourite :)
I've also been COMPLETELY addicted to Kitten Cam.  

Need I say more?  These 4 little cuties and their brilliant mother can't fail to put a smile on your face.  It'll be a shame when they all leave (presumably soon) for their new homes.  Until then I'm hooked :)
Familiar...... (but with ribbons in Millie's case!)
I've added loads of new stock to my Folksy store, just in time for Christmas so why not call in for a look around.  More will also be added soon so watch this space. 

I have had dilemma though... should I add my products to my Etsy or my Folksy shop? 

Needle felted ♥ Autumn Brooch
I've decided that even though Etsy is the largest site of the two, Folksy is the British site so I have decided to stay loyal to my roots in this instance.  If they don't sell though, I may have to switch them over to Etsy! What a turn-coat hey! :D


Finally, my year-long Craftsy Quilt top project is very nearly finished.  Yippeeeeeee

For those of you who are not familiar with this project, I've been following a Craftsy Course (with the lovely Amy Gibson from Stitchery Dickory Dock) making my first ever quilt. 



I've only ever experienced traditional Hexagonal English Patchwork (up until starting this US Patchwork course that was), and I've learnt so much along the way. I'm thinking of signing up to Amy's 'The Sugar Block of The Month' course........

Every month this year, Amy has posted up superb instructions to create 2 lovely blocks on the Craftsy platform. This week I've finished off the final 4 blocks and I'm now in the process of deciding what colour to sash and border it.  What do you think.....Cream, pale pink or light mocha?



I can't wait to get it finished

XoXo


1 comment:

Colours and Textures said...

mmm I have the same dilemma!