Saturday, 4 August 2012

Saturday sewing plans

So, today I am getting on with many things sewing related (hopefully!)

I've spent the morning sleeping in until 10:30 with my lovely moggy Millie, it was very much needed after the busy week I've had.
I'm doing really well getting back into shape at the gym and have started to really get back into running again. Already my fitness is improving so I just need to make sure I stick with it this time.

Also this week, I sourced loads of free paving bricks off the (really quite brilliant) Freecycle website. I've spent all week, a few hours at a time, laying them around the back lawn to make things look a little tidier. It was time consuming as I had to use plenty of hardcore and sharp sand to get them set in but the finished effect is lovely.  I just need to do a little weeding and cut the grass and I think that this is the best that the garden has ever looked. All in, the task cost just £15 for the sand! Not bad 'eh!

I'm 'well happy' with the outcome!

RH side

LH side

I've made a start on my July Blocks for my Craftsy Quilt which I am still really enjoying. This is my first ever quilt and this free course has taught me so much. I'm really looking forward to getting all the blocks finished and then putting them all together.
July 1 - Dresden Blocks

Ready to sew

If you've not already been by Craftsy I really recommend it as the projects and classes are so inspirational. The link to the block of the month (FREE) class that I am currently following is here.

To update you all on the progress of the dress I have been making of late, Simplicity 'Project Runway' pattern K2588, It's very nearly completed.
I've just ordered a 22" zip for the back and need to decide on which buttons I want to use on the waistline tab details

Lining the sleeveless bodice

Tacking the skirt pleats

Completing the yolk
How the dress currently looks - waiting for zip and buttons

Front View

Back view


Button options for the waistline tabs - yet to be decided!


No comments: