Thursday, 9 August 2012

COMPETITION: What to make with this..........

.......gorgeous vintage 1970's fabric?!?!?!?

Flowers and mustard duvet cover


The fluffy cover is for another re-modelling project that I'm currently working on too.
Floral detail


I saw this double-size duvet cover in a thrift shop a couple of weeks back and just couldn't resist.

It's been washed and pressed and is now ready to be made into something gorgeous. What this will be is the big question! The fabric is immaculate so I'm looking forward to creating some lovely things with it.

I'm considering making some of my chequer board patchwork cushion covers (as they'd look lovely on a vintage sofa) or maybe even making a small lap-quilt. It may even look good remodelled into a dress.

Competition Time.......
I'd love some feedback so what would you make with it?  I'll give a piece of both the floral and the plain mustard fabric to the best suggestion.

2 comments:

gerdabags said...

Hi Gemma

Love your floral vintage fabric - I can viusalise a Craft bag made in the fabric - using the plain mustard fabric as lining. Make lots of pockets inside and out - slip pockets will be OK. Maybe a zip across the top or a more simple fastener.
Hope you like my suggesting.

Gerda ( www.folksy.com/shops/gerdabags

Kiwijo said...

Id use the nmustard to make a shopper and use the floral (with some other accent colours) for a patchwork motif on the front and then line the bag with the floral.
:O)