Sunday, 8 April 2012

Ta daaaaaa - My NEW sewing room

Happy Easter everyone

I hope that you are all having a lovely Easter and that the bunny brought you plenty of chocolate? I received just one Kinder Egg (at my request) as I'm trying to get back into shape again so I fit back into my favourite jeans :D

During the madness!
As promised it is now time to show off to the world my gorgeous new crafting space...... (drum roll optional at this point!)
As it is now...........almost complete :D
Coming soon! Wall hung storage pots
There are still some bits to finish off but that'll happen during the next couple of weeks. I want to find a peg board  type thing for the wall just above my table so that my essential tools are at hand. I'm also going to buy a storage thingy from Ikea for small odds & ends

I have got LOADS of space to store my crafty books & bits & bobs on the shelves just by the side of the table (I'm particularily happy with the table - it  was a bargain at just 99p on ebay!)

(currently) Tidy & organinsed!
Fun scissor storage hooks

At the moment I have borrowed a chair from our dining table however i am going to collect my gorgeous tres-chic ebay chair over the next few days..... Pretty isn't it?

Just needs a pretty cushion me thinks!

 So that's it really. I've been busy so far this morning finishing up yet more decorating downstairs but  now it's time to have a few days off to enjoy my new sewing space. WHOOP WHOOP!

Please don't forget to leave your comments below as I'd love to hear your comments.

Until next time, Happy crafting xx






7 comments:

liz said...

I am so jealous,mine is such a mess!

Jax said...

Wow!!!, Clean ... Tidy ... spacious, that look great :))
Jax x

Sher said...

Congratulations on your new sewing room! I know how excited you are because my husband just built me one (completed a few weeks ago) as well. You are going to be so inspired everytime you walk in there. And it looks GREAT!!!

Sarah said...

I'm so jealous! It looks lovely. Great blog too - I found you through your Folksy post.

Kiwijo said...

Am very very jealous, Ive got to make do with woring on the kitchen table and having to clear everything away for mealtimes (such a drag). Love you wooden sewing box on legs which you can just see - Ive got one as well. :O)

Gemma Day said...

Thanks to ou all for you kind feedback. :D

I was doing exactly the same as you Kiwijo up until this room was created so know how frustrating it is to pack everything away mid-task for tea to be served!

The sewing box on legs is a new addition too, I saw it in the window of a 2nd hand shop just a few weeks ago and had to hang around until opening time to snap it up before anyone else could :D It was a bargain at £10

xx

Amy Upton said...

Aw suh a lovely place to sew and craft! very organised and clean! im very jealous, i would love a sewing room but at the moment we live in a one bed flat so i have a sewing corner that doubles as a work desk!! haha, one day! xx