Saturday, 28 April 2012

Sewing plans for the weekend

Good morning all,

Apologies as I am not blogging as frequently at the moment.  This is because I'm a little busy at work and at home at the moment which is (unfairly) encroaching into my sewing time! I am trying to get a few sewing tasks completed as-and-when I get a moment so this weekend I have decided to tackle a few little jobs that have been hanging around for a while. The pots and washing will just have to wait this time!

Task 1: Nephews' Pants

My rather lovely teenage Nephew keeps splitting his school pants (terrorising his friends with high kicks presumably). My sister has forwarded a carrier jam-packed with bust seams so I'll defo try and get those out of the way to start with. (I may also suggest some less energetic activities for him to be getting on with before it's something else he tears!!!)

Task 2: Wrap Skirt

I have a wonderful new book (Yep - Yet another one!) which I am going to have a gander through - I quite fancy having a go at the Easy Breezy Wrap Skirt - I think that I will make a toile first though just to check fit and style before I take a plunge into my 'real' fabric stash!

Click on this image for more info.
The book is 'Stash Happy Patchwork' By Cynthia Shaffer. I read many glowing reviews before I bought it and so far I think it is a great addition to any sewing bookshelf and I look forward to getting stuck into a few of her designs.  Of course, I'll let you know how I get on and post LOADS of pics.

Task 3: Yoga pants (or chill-out pants in my case!)

I have been after a lovely pattern for some really comfy trousers for wear to knock-about the house in. My PJ's don't look too hot when I have to open the door to anyone so I was really pleased to discover in the book I mentioned above, that they have a wonderful pattern for some yoga pants.

They look really simple to make so I am going to have a go at making a pair later on today. once again I'll keep you updated with loads of photos and feedback.

In the meantime, I'd love to hear what you are currently working on.


No comments: