Sunday, 1 April 2012

Great Tits (ahem!) and DIY galore! ;p


Hello all – I hope that you’ve all had a lovely weekend and that the sun is (or has been!) shining wherever you are.
 
Mr Hoots - My Garden Guardian!

Gorgeous blue sky (and the moon Too!)
The sun has indeed been out today here in Cheshire (surprisingly) so I‘ve been  making the most of it; spending  some time tidying the garden - much to the annoyance of our feathered ‘neighbours ‘ Mr & Mrs Great Tit! They really are a boisterous pair but very entertaining to watch as they flurry to and from their nestbox with their twigs and moss.
 

We look forward to witnessing the little ones fledge again for the 3rd year in a row. Until then, I guess we’ll just have to put up with the heckling each and every time we dare step foot into our own garden! 
The Penthouse!
 I’ve not been as busy on the sewing front as I’d like to report during the last month (hence the distinct lack of new stitchy blog content)! This is down to our house being, quite literally, destroyed by the builders we’ve had in. Who knew that dust could get that bad in every available nook & cranny! It’s still settling even now (the builders packed up their tools a few weeks ago and yet still it appears!). 

The rooms where the the work has been carried out are now at the decorating  phase.   

It  wouldn’t be so bad – if only we could decide upon our final decor! MUCH easier said than done (but hopefully Sanderson Dandelions will prevail!)
The magazines make it look so easy don’t they!

Just as soon as this ‘phase’ (AKA: Operation 'dust and mayhem)  of DIY is completed, I hope to get stuck into the really, genuinely exciting variety  (no,  really!) ....

Operation Stitcy Space (My VERY OWN Sewing Room).  Surely that calls for a Whoop Whoop! :D

As previously mentioned (just the once or twice)! I've now got my very own place for sewing and crafting which I can get stuck into decorating just as soon as phase 1 decoration is complete. I have been having a (very dangerous!) browse through ebay and have managed to source a table and possibly chair for my space ... but more of that in my next blog. 

Until then, I'm off to paint (YET again!) the kitchen ceiling and to enjoy a home made ginger fairycake with buttercream.

Maybe decorating in the kitchen is not so bad after all.


No comments: