Sunday, 11 March 2012

Sewing room update (with pics) .......

Hello all, and a big welcome to all my new followers - It's lovely to have you all along and I look forward to sharing my crafty world with you all :)


So it's Sunday already and (sadly) very little sewing is going on in my world at the moment. We are having a reshuffle with the rooms downstairs . It's all very exciting except that my normal craft space (A.K.A the dining room) is temporarily out of working order.
The good news though, (as previously reported) is that I have now got my own sewing room which I just need to furnish and decorate.
This is how the space currently looks where my craft table will be situated
At present, this is a spare back bedroom which has a large double bookcase at the back which is full of my teaching and sewing resources. There are several very large rolls of bubble wrap to contend with too (great for those stress-head moments!), a set of loft ladders and a rowing machine! Having said this I think it's just perfect :D

Side view

Some of my crafty storage

Tidy sewing books and magazine collection

 The room is south-facing so it gets loads of sunshine and it is a totally blank canvas in terms of decoration.  It's so exciting and I'm looking forward to getting on with it. Sadly though, this probably will not be right away (as I have the downstairs to decorate first - just as soon as the builders are no more!)

I've been looking around for decorating inspiration and came across this lovely blog post on my journey - it's full of lovely craft room images which have started the cogs griding in my head... just in case you were wondering what all that noise was! ;p
I love the bunting idea in this room & handy haberdashery storage too
I am also pinning as much as I can to my Pinterest boards to help with my ideas so why not have a look and let me know if I have overlooked any other lovely ideas.

In the meantime, I think that I'll be reading through this months issues of SewHip!, Mollie Makes and Making to get some crafty inspiration (in between looking through the Ikea catalogue that is!)

Back soon with more updates


No comments: