Sunday, 26 February 2012

And so, the end is near........

.... and it's Sunday evening again already! Back to work in the morning :z 
Very apt title me thinks!!!!


It's not been a completely unfruitful weekend I'm pleased to share. I've managed to squeeze in some shopping with friends, visiting my soon-to-be baby God-Daughter, catching up with my mum (and my word - that lady can talk the hind legs off a donkey!). I've also completed my February blocks for the Craftsy B.O.M (Block of the Month) and have had a really good fabric stash tidy up. Phew! More of that in a minute......


First, here are my January & February (+1) BOM blocks... what do you think?  I just need to square them up to 12.5"  to tidy them up.....

January BOM 1 &2

The bottom is a practice version :)

My Quilt blocks so far :)

I only recently discovered Craftsy (see my link on the right), which is an American site - well worth a visit for all manner of creative things. it's got loads of inspirational things that I just cannot wait to have a bash at.... just as soon as school is out for Easter! :)

I've finished reading the truly BRILLIANT book The Help and followed it up with the film. A brilliant piece of writing by Kathryn Stockett that (as you can tell) I highly recommend :) I defo recommend you read the book first though.
You've really got to read & watch this!

I always have to have a great read on the go (as it helps me to chill out of an evening). I've already started on my next and so far it seems really intriguing. It's called Room, written by Emma Donoghue. 
I'll let you know what I think as soon as I get into it a little more :)  I'd love to hear what you're currently reading as I always go off the recommendation of others.

 I've had a really good tidy up and dust-down of my other books too this weekend (as my bookcase was starting to look a little furry!) These are my current sewing & crafting books - all of which I'm pretty pleased with....



My bookcase is now looking so much tidier (yes......it was EVEN MESSIER than this), and I have even created a little space to show off my prettiest fabrics.........

This was aided by this ingenious PAX wardrobe system that I have also just fitted into one of the wardrobes in the guest bedroom(from IKEA). It's made this previous pretty-much useless little space really invaluable for storing all my sewing and fabric-y things.
Wardrobe fabric and filling storage


So it's time to go and get a little more hoursework done before I get back to me reading for the evening. I promise I'll be back with much more interesting content soon..... it's just been a bit busy this week.


Until then, Happy Stitchin'! 









1 comment:

The Sewing Boutique said...

Im more than a little jealous of all your sewing books! Must stock up on more :)

Just popping by to let you know I've awarded you The Liebster Blog Award. Take a look here for more info, but just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog!

Bye for now, Rhi x x

http://thesewingboutique.blogspot.com/2012/02/two-days-that-cant-be-right.html