Tuesday, 14 February 2012

1/2 term cleaning & sewing galore!


Hello and a very happy Valentines day to you all – I hope that you all have someone lovely to share it with. We always get each other a lovely card and make an extra-special home cooked meal in the evening ..... perfect :)

My heart-shape bunting - very apt!
 Sorry that I’ve been a little rubbish at blogging recently as I’ve been a little poorly of late.  Hopefully things will be brighter just as soon as my MRI results are back.  It’s a bit of a nuisance trying to craft with a numb hand but I’m not allowing a little thing like that to completely put a halt to my sewing and the like........... at least it’s not my right hand –that’ be MUCH worse! I also broke my little pinkie toe yesterday by stubbing it on the corner of the bed. Ouch! This was in my attempt of trying not to trip over the cat! Pah! I think I should just lie down.

Very cute but she should come with a H&S warning!
Well, illness and injury aside, school is out now for a week which will allow for me to get on with loads of stuff (hopefully!),  including a good spring-clean.  Add to that I NEED to make stuff and it looks like it’s going to be a very busy and productive week.
 I spent the day yesterday wondering around the house with a bucket and assortment of cloths! Everything is looking very sparkly now but there is plenty more to do....... as always! The cleaning is never complete is it? Just when you think you’ve nailed it something else grubby always materialises!
It's a very messy hobby to have - but so much fun too :)

Just as soon as I’m almost satisfied that the house is dust free, My Etsy and Folksy stores are looking a little bare so I’ll get on with a little crafting to top up my stock. I’m going to start with some more of my lovely (and very popular) button jewellery. 

COMING SOON - Watch this space for updates on these gorgeous goodies

Providing there is enough time to spare today, I'm going to complete my McCalls dress which is very nearly finished. I tried it on the other day and it fits like a dream. It’s going to be great for work and is really feminine and comfy. A bit of a change from all those boring black trousers that I always seem to fall back on!  I just need to finish the hem and voila! It’s good to go.

My dress is plain on the outside with a lovely purple lining :)
I’d love to hear what projects you currently have under-way. It’s always inspring to hear what you are all currently working on.

In the meantime, I hope that you are all well and I'll be back soon with more crafty updates.

No comments: