Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Sew Hip! You're the best....

Hello everyone.

So it's only Tuesday but already my alarm is struggling to wake me in the morning!  I dread to think what I'll be like on Friday.

I started back at college this evening for part 2 of my dressmaking/sewing technique course - I'm now officially an 'Intermediate' sewer (although I feel much more comfortable with the title 'advanced beginner')!
We were taught some really good seam & finishing techniques and I also received some much-needed guidance on part of a dress that I am currently making. The instructions sounded really convoluted when I got to the shoulder seams however, when Chris (my sewing teacher) went through them with me it was suprisingly easy..... I'll blog about that just as soon as I have a little more time.


I guess that the main news that I have today is my blog being featured in Sew Hip! magazine this month (Issue 37). 

I'm so proud (as is my mum ..... she's probably phoned everyone she has ever known her entire life just to tell them)! EDiS is featured on the 'Sew on the Net' page (under it's previous name) and my 'infectious enthusiasm' and 'quirky creations' are both proudly recognised....

...... what an amazing feeling....................

Thanks Sew Hip! :D

ingenious hand embroidery :D

2 comments:

House of Pinheiro said...

congratulations on being featured !xx

Milly Makes said...

I subscribed to your blog as a result and really enjoy it. Keep it up and best of luck with dress making!