Sunday, 18 December 2011

Santa's on his way...

... and, just like the majority of people I know, I can hardly wait!  All the shopping and wrapping are finished, the house is a sparkly feast on the eyes and the chicken's been ordered.  What's more to do but to watch Christmas TV (currently Willy Wonka!) and to get ready for the fun to begin!

I've bought some lovely things for friends and family this year which I'm very pleased with - they're going to be really well received and I'm mega excited to give them all out.
I'm wishing for some bits'n'bobs for my sewing endevours ........ hopefully includng a free-motion embroidery foot.

Since my last blog I have been keeping busy. My most recent project is this Amish Star block, as published in Sew Hip! magazine this month...

Step 1 - cut out the fabric squares, 4 are a little bigger in size



Sewing the 1/4 inch seam

I had got the orientation of my heart fabric the wrong way round!


so I re-cut them

Much better........

I sewed up the vertical rows first

... then the horizontal rows

two blocks finished

Adding a border

I am turning one of my blocks into a cushion cover - yet to be finished

They're still yet to be finished so I'll update soon with more photos.

No comments: