Wednesday, 16 November 2011

Are we nearly there yet?

It must be Friday by now..........

..... looking forward to getting on with some sewing but sadly not this evening as I am shattered after a busy school day.  If only work didn't have to get in the way of sewing!

The good news is that all my Christmas shopping is now completed and, all bar 3 things, wrapped. I'm ever-so-slightly smug about that! ;p

I need to get Ian some things but will get those when we go into gorgeous Chester next month.  It is a yearly ritual that we have as it is a place that really gets us into the Christmas spirit when all the lights are on and the bands are playing their Christmas music. Very excited already.

I am currently putting together a shopping list for Ian for Amazon, as per his request, as he knows that I love my books.  I have included a superb book that my sewing tutor has highly recommended: Fit for Real People.  This is a brilliant book for adjusting clothing and patterns, ensuring that perfect fit. It seems like I am really am not so much a newbie anymore!


I am also hoping to receive the Burda Style Sewing Handbook which looks just fantastic....


The final book that I have my eye on, I have previously not heard anything about but when I read the synopsis and reader reviews, I feel it will be a fantastic addition to my collection.

   

Well I'm off to do a little more virtual shopping but I'll be back towards the week with more sewing tips, tricks and tales.

Bye for now,




No comments: