Tuesday, 4 October 2011

I'm so proud.....

... tonight was my 3rd night on my dressmaking and alterations course and it was my best night so far.  I have nearly made my PJ bottoms and am all set to applique a matching vest top next week to match.  The fabric that I have used for my PJ's is actually a bedsheet that was no longer needed so this is a really cheap and cheerful little sewing project which is already developing my sewing skills further.

I am using NEW LOOK pattern 6354 for the PJ bottoms and it's a really friendly pattern to use for those new to patterns and I highly recommend it.  I have also made one of the skirts from this same pattern sheet and that is a lovely little summer skirt (see my FLICKR account below for pics)

This is the first time that I have attempted trousers and so far I am very suprised with how straight forward they are to make.  Guess what everyone will be receiving on Christmas day :O)