Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Completed Sewing Machine Cover & other musings!

So I have finally completed my machine cover....
I finished the hem yesterday evening whilst at college which was not a tricky task but just one of those that I have been putting off. I do have several projects on the go at the moment which is a way of working that I think I prefer. At least I can choose which tasks to dip in-and-out-of whenever I get the chance. I anticipate that more things will be completed over the next week as I'm off for 1/2 term break. We have now experimented with darts at college which I found really quite straight forward. Whilst these were being demonstrated it actually dawned on me that maybe i'm not such a 'newbie' anymore....... more of an 'advanced beginner'. How exciting! After our 1/2 term break our tutor is going to teach some couture methods of fitting zips along with other more advanced dress making techniques, that is when I think that I'll really start to pick up some new skills and will have much more to blog about as a result. Bring it on! Well i'm off out for a lovely meal with Ian to celebrate our 12 year anniversary! How time flies. I'll be back on Saturday - in the meantime Happy Stitchin' Gem

2 comments:

Quilting Under The Influence said...

Lovely-check out my similar project-happy stitching! Working on my serger cover next! Cheers! Linda at www.quti.org

http://wp.me/p1JRkn-e4

Gemma Day said...

Thanks Linda - will do :O)