Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Quilted patchwork sewing machine cover.......

The sewing machine cover that I have been working on these last few days is looking GORGEOUS - it's a shame that it'is taking so long but I only have an hour or so to spend on it each evening because of work.  It should be weekend before it is completed  and as soon as it is details and pics will be blogged!.

This is the first time that I have quilted and i'm already realising how a 'walking foot' for my sewing machine would be a beneficial purchase should I wish to follow through with similar projects in the future. The layers are fed through at slightly different rates with a standard machine foot which will bearable on what is a small scale product but it has still staggered the layers slightly.... not quite enough to ruin my cover though :O) If I were to make anything bigger for quilting or quilt on a regular basis I'll definatly look into buying one.

Well i'm now off to take out my basting stitches, pinking shear my edges and start assembling the panels.

Gemma